This is another one of my "Mk II" images. I got this data for my m8/20 picture, but was never very happy with my processing. I decided to try again, this time with more knowledge of pixinsight, photoshop, and lightroom.
I started by doing a basic dbe, color cal and stretch in pixinsight. I then used the deconvolution tool to bring out some of the dust in the nebula. After decon, I switched over to photoshop to do some high-pass filters to further bring out the dust bands. Final edits were done in lightroom.
The stars are slightly stretched due to coma, not polar alignment. M8 was at the top right of the frame, and thus I had to crop the image.
When processing the nebula I tried to give it a bi-color look. After color cal in pix, I noticed the center of the nebula was blue, and the outer "shell" was pink. Throughout the processing, I tried to make this difference more noticeable. I quite like how it turned out!
Vixen Ed80sf (600mmfl)
St80 guide scope
Orion Sirius Mount
Hotech field falttener
29x200" Iso 800
Taken from an orange zone.
TIF FILE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26833487/Tiffs/Lagoon%20Star%20Field.TIF